Results tagged ‘ Social Fan Event ’
By Kyle Mann
We are thrilled that our third Social Fan Event of the season is nearly upon us, adding to the already palpable excitement of the day: Brewers-Nationals offers a match-up of two first-half first place teams, and Austin Mahone takes the NatsLive stage after the game for a FREE concert. We couldn’t think of a better backdrop to offer our most loyal Instagram fans some unique photography challenges and Nationals-related prizes and experiences!
If you’ve been to one of our previous Social Fan Events, you know we go all out on the prizes, so be on the lookout for batting practice passes and an opportunity to join the Nationals players on the field as part of the Starting 9!
Gates open at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, so be sure to stop by our table at Section 105 as soon as you arrive to give yourself the first crack at the best prizes. If you haven’t already, you can buy tickets that include $6 added value for use throughout the park here.
Throughout the game, you’ll be tasked with completing an #InstaNats Photo Hunt of creative Nationals and Austin Mahone-themed pictures for the opportunity to win even more great prizes. Here’s how it works:
- You’ll receive your photo assignment shot sheet, comprised of five different “themes,” when you check in at our table at Section 105. We’ll also update this post with the shot sheet shortly before gates open on Saturday.
- Explore the ballpark and snap your most creative pictures that match each theme.
- Post your photos on Instagram and be sure to use the specific hashtag for each theme (you’ll find that on the shot sheet), #InstaNats and tag @nationals.
- OFFICIAL RULES>>
IMPORTANT: You must include #InstaNats, the specific theme hashtag AND @nationals in your post for it to be eligible.
At the end of the night, we will pick three finalists from those fans who post photos for all five themes (and use the proper hashtags and tag @nationals). All three winners will win experience prize packages at our fourth Social Fan Event on September 8, including the opportunity to deliver the Lineup Card, shout “Play Ball”, or watch batting practice from the field.
Remember, you must post all five photos and include #InstaNats, the specific theme hashtag and @nationals with each photo to be eligible for selection as one of the three finalists.
Starting Monday, July 21, we’ll announce the three finalists’ and post their photo galleries at nationals.com, where all fans will have 48 hours to vote for their favorite. We’ll announce the winners as determined by the fan vote on Wednesday, July 23.
As always, keep your eye on the NatsHD scoreboard throughout the night where your #InstaNats photos may also appear.
To get your creative juices flowing, we’re proud to unveil the #MyNLEast Instagram video YOU helped produce back in June during the Braves series. Enjoy, and we can’t wait to see you and your best photos on Saturday!
UPDATED – Saturday, 7/19 at 4:15 pm
As promised, here is the official shot sheet for tonight’s #InstaNats Photo Hunt. Don’t forget to tag each of your photos with its specific hashtag (listed below) as well as @nationals and #InstaNats.
1. Our Racing Presidents have been known to wander around Nationals Park. Tag your picture with #RacingPresContest with your favorite one!
2. There are a lot of Curly Ws around Nationals Park. Show us your coolest Curly W shot and tag it with #CurlyWContest.
3. Today’s NatsLive FREE Postgame Concert performer @AustinMahone’s favorite dessert is ice cream. Here at Nationals Park, we have many delicious desserts. Post your best picture with your favorite dessert and tag it with #IceCreamContest.
4. This is your chance to be really creative. Post your coolest and most exciting pic from the ballpark tonight and tag it with #FansChoiceContest.
5. Post your best picture from @AustinMahone’s NatsLive free postgame concert and tag it with #NatsLiveContest.
When the Washington Nationals’ promotional schedule was unveiled earlier this year, you may have noticed four nights devoted to “Social Fan Events.” These are nights designed exclusively as a way to say thank you to, and engage with our most loyal social media fans.
- GET TICKETS NOW ($20): Scoreboard Pavilion ticket (regularly $22) + $6 concession credit
The first of these events is Tuesday night, April 8, when the Nationals take on the Miami Marlins at 7:05 p.m. and it’s geared toward our Facebook fans!
As a part of this event, our Facebook fans can enjoy discounted tickets with added value to spend throughout Nationals Park, the opportunity to claim a limited edition T-Shirt (pictured), and exclusive gameday experiences. You can get all of the details, including an easy link to purchase tickets through this event, right here.
Upon entering the ballpark, please stop by the Social Fan Table at Section 103 for more details on what’s planned, find out how to pick up the limited edition T-shirt and enter for your chance to take part in the gameday experiences!
Here’s a rundown of some of the fun stuff we’ve got planned for Tuesday night — both on our Facebook page as well as inside the ballpark, rewarding our Facebook fans.
Event highlights include:
- A top secret, once-in-a-lifetime experience that will make you the envy of all your friends, followers and fans!#
- Exclusive batting practice viewing from the warning track!#
- Run out on to the field as part of the Starting 9!#
- One lucky fan will help deliver manager Matt Williams’ official lineup card!
- One lucky fan will get to yell “Play Ball” to start the game!
- Exclusive Facebook Q&A with Nationals President of Baseball Operations and GM Mike Rizzo.
- See your best photos from the night on the NatsHD scoreboard
- And much, much more!
# Experience to be awarded exclusively at the ballpark after first gates open (4:30 P.M.)
We hope you’ll join us!