Nationals Return Home for Pivotal Game 5: What You Need to Know
The Washington Nationals continue their 2016 Postseason run when they host Game 5 of the National League Division Series on Thursday, October 13 at 8:08 p.m. at Nationals Park.!
The game against the Los Angeles Dodgers will be televised exclusively on FOX Sports 1. All gates will open at 5:30 p.m.
Seats for all NLDS games at Nationals Park are SOLD OUT, and grandstand seating will not be available for purchase day-of-game during the Postseason. Limited released tickets and standing room only tickets may be available at nationals.com/postseason. The only way to ensure guaranteed seats to every Nationals home game during the 2016 Postseason is with a NATS PLUS Membership. Visit nationals.com/NATSPLUS for details.
Fans should be sure to check that they bring the correct NLDS ticket to Game 5 (Home Game 3), as anyone with an incorrect ticket will not be admitted into the ballpark.
We want all of our fans to enjoy the entirety of the Postseason experience, and we are encouraging fans to plan ahead and come to the ballpark early!
The Nationals will be providing all fans with a special, celebratory 20 percent discount on ALL food for the first hour after gates open. Fans will also receive a 20 percent discount on Nationals merchandise at the stand behind Section 102 during that time.
In addition, the team is encouraging fans to wear red for NLDS games at Nationals Park, an initiative the club is calling #RedAllOver.
Listed below are some of the fun things that will be going on inside and outside the ballpark leading up to first pitch. Check out the list of activities below!
GAME 5 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Game 5 pregame ceremony will include:
- Ceremonial first pitch thrown by Livan Hernandez to Nationals 1B Ryan Zimmerman
- Color Guard presented by S. Marine Corps Color Guard, Marine Barracks Washington, 8th & I
- National Anthem and God Bless America performed by S. Navy Sea Chanters
- Game ball delivery by Gen. Mark Ediger, U.S. Air Force Surgeon General
FAN PROMOTIONS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Fans entering the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a Washington Nationals red rally towel presented by Delta Air Lines.
- The Budweiser Pregame Tailgate will begin three hours prior to first pitch and will end at the beginning of the game. The tailgate is open to the public, and will take place outside of the ballpark, at the corner of First St. and Potomac Ave. Fans can enjoy $5 Budweiser and Bud Light, as well as $5 peanuts and Cracker Jack.
- Half St. will have pregame entertainment featuring stilt walkers.
- Glenn Donnellan (Electric Slugger) and Matthew Van Hoose (Nationals’ organist) will perform at Center Field Plaza starting when gates open until one hour prior to first pitch.
- A military band will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting when gates open until first pitch.
- DJ Stylus Chris will perform at the NatMobile on the Timeline Walk starting when gates open until first pitch.
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Due to the anticipated sellout crowd, fans are strongly encouraged to allow extra time when planning their commute to Nationals Park. There will be plenty of pregame excitement both inside and outside the ballpark, and we want fans to arrive early to enjoy the festivities!
As fans know, Metro SafeTrack is in effect. Fans are strongly encouraged to consider alternate ways to get to and from the ballpark tomorrow night, particularly after the game – which may end after Metro has closed.
Fans should consider alternate forms of travel to and from the ballpark, including ride-hailing services, the D.C. Circulator from Union Station, biking to the park or the baseball boat from Old Town Alexandria. If you plan to drive and park around the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood, know where you are going to park before coming. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for detailed transportation information, including specified routes to and from the ballpark.
For fans using ride-hailing services, there are designated pick-up locations for both Uber and Lyft. Fans using Uber can be picked up at either the intersection of N St. and New Jersey Ave., or the intersection of Half St. and L St. Fans using Lyft can be picked up on L St., between Cushing Pl. and Half St. Fans should not plan to drop off or pick up on South Capitol St. This is a busy highway, and stopping on this road is dangerous.
SECURITY & GATE INFO
Fans are encouraged to enter the ballpark through the gate closest to their seating area to avoid congestion at the Center Field Gates. All gates will open two and a half hours before first pitch to allow fans time to enjoy pregame festivities. To ensure everyone is in their seats before the pregame ceremonies begin, please consider arriving early to the ballpark and leaving backpacks, bags and extra items at home.
For more information about the 2016 Postseason, please visit nationals.com/postseason.