Nationals Game Notes: August 26 vs. Colorado Rockies
Colorado Rockies (60-67) vs. Washington Nationals (74-53)
RHP Jeff Hoffman [0-1, 13.50] | LHP Gio Gonzalez [8-9, 4.30]
Friday, August 26 l Game #128 / Home #62 l Nationals Park l Washington, D.C. l 7:05 P.M.
Television: MASN2 l Radio: 106.7 The Fan & Nationals Radio Network
At 74-53 (.583), the Nationals boast the second-best record in the National League, trailing only the Chicago Cubs (81-45, .643).
- Washington also ranks second in MLB with a +139 run differential, behind only the Cubs (+217).
- Since August 10, the Nationals lead Major League Baseball in runs scored (93) and batting average (.292) while ranking second in on-base percentage (.353) and fifth in slugging percentage (.481).
Nationals 2B Daniel Murphy leads the National League in batting average (.346), slugging percentage (.610), OPS (.999), multi-hit games (49) and ranks among NL hitters in doubles (T1st, 37), extra base hits (T1st, 66), RBI (2nd, 96), hits (3rd, 156) and on-base percentage (7th, .389) among many other categories.
- Murphy is tied for first in Major League Baseball with 29 go-ahead RBI and 16 game winning RBI.
- With 96 RBI this season, Murphy is four RBI short of becoming the sixth player in Nationals history (2005-pres.) to post a 100 RBI season…The last player to do it was 1B Adam Laroche (100 RBI in 2012).
HELLO, MR. HARPER
Since returning to the Nationals’ lineup on Aug. 14, Nationals RF Bryce Harper has hit safely in 10 of his last 12 games and has reached base safely in in all 12, posting a .491 on-base percentage (18 H, 9 BB) along the way…Harper has driven in runs in eight of the 12 contests.
- He is hitting .391 (18-for-46) with four doubles, two homers, 13 RBI, nine walks, two stolen bases, nine runs scored and a .609 slugging percentage since returning to the lineup… Harper has posted multi-hit efforts in five of his last six games.