Nationals Game Notes: August 24 vs. Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Orioles (69-56) at Washington Nationals (73-52)
LHP Wade Miley [7-10, 5.58] | RHP Tanner Roark [13-6, 2.87]
Wednesday, August 24 l Game #126 / Home #60 l Nationals Park l Washington, D.C. l 7:05 P.M.
Television: MASN l Radio: 106.7 The Fan & Nationals Radio Network
HOME, SWEET HOME
The Nationals return home to continue this week’s Interleague series with the Baltimore Orioles before welcoming the Colorado Rockies to Nationals Park for a three-game series beginning on Friday.
- Starting with Wednesday’s contest against Baltimore, the Nationals will play 15 of their next 21 games at Nationals Park…Of their remaining 36 regular season games, 21 will at home and 15 will be on the road.
Nationals 2B Daniel Murphy leads the National League in slugging percentage (.604), OPS (.993), multi-hit games (48) and ranks among NL hitters in batting average (2nd, .344), doubles (2nd, 36), RBI (2nd, 90), extra base hits (T2nd, 64), hits (3rd, 152) and on-base percentage (9th, .388) among many other categories.
- Murphy paces Major League Baseball with 29 go-ahead RBI and is tied for first with 16 game-winning RBI.
- Murphy has recorded a franchise record (WSH/MON) 17 RBI in 17 Interleague games this season…The previous high of 16 was held by 1B Adam Dunn in 2010.
TREA OF LIGHT
Nationals INF/OF Trea Turner recorded a career-high four hits in Washington’s 8-1 loss to Baltimore on Tuesday night…That effort snapped a two-game hitless streak…In 13 games dating to August 10, Turner is hitting 22-for-59 (.373) with five doubles, two triples, two homers, eight RBI, two walks, six stolen bases and 16 runs scored.
- In Tuesday night’s game, Turner initially stole two bases, but both calls were overturned via replay review…Nevertheless, in just 36 games this season, Turner is tied for third among MLB rookies with 14 stolen bases.
- Since the All-Star break, Turner leads MLB lead in triples (6) and is tied for third in stolen bases (14).