Nationals Game Notes: July 27 at Cleveland Indians
Washington Nationals (58-42) at Cleveland Indians (57-41)
RHP Stephen Strasburg [13-1, 2.83] | RHP Carlos Carrasco [7-3, 2.31]
Wednesday, July 27 l Game #101 / Road #50 l Progressive Field l Cleveland, O.H. l 12:10 P.M.
Television: MASN l Radio: 106.7 The Fan & Nationals Radio Network
The Nationals kicked of their nine-game road trip Tuesday night with a 7-6 loss to the Cleveland Indians…Following today’s 12:10 p.m. game, Washington will travel to San Francisco (four games) and Arizona (three games).
- The Nationals are 9-4 (.962) in interleague play this season, the best record in the National League ahead of the Milwaukee Brewers (9-5, .643).
WHERE THING STAND
The Nationals’ 58-42 (.580) record is the third-best mark in the National League, behind only the Chicago Cubs (59-40, .596) and the San Francisco Giants (59-41, .590).
- Washington ranks second in Major League Baseball with a +108 run differential, behind only the Chicago Cubs (+146).
ALL ABOUT GETTING ON BASE
With a double in the first inning on Tuesday, Nationals LF Jayson Werth extended his current on-base streak to 29 games…That is the longest active streak in the Major Leagues, and tied for the longest of Werth’s career (29 games, Aug. 21-Sept. 20, 2015)…It is also the seventh longest on-base streak in MLB this season.
- During this stretch, Werth has collected 24 hits (10 2B, 2 HR), 24 walks and has posted a .387 on-base percentage along the way.
STREAK SNAPPED…FOR NOW
2B Daniel Murphy had his 11-game hitting streak snapped on Tuesday night, despite a hard hit ball passed 3B Juan Uribe in the first inning that was ruled an error…During the streak, Murphy went 17-for-39 (.436) with seven doubles, five home runs, 17 RBI, two walks, one stolen base, and nine runs scored…It was the third hitting streak of at least 11 games this season for Murphy…He put together a 12-game streak, April 4-20 and an 11-game streak, May 21-June 1.
- Murphy leads the National League in average (.350), slugging percentage (.612), OPS (.998), hits (127), doubles (30), and multi-hit games (40).
- In addition to those categories, Murphy leads all NL second basemen in home runs (19), RBI (74) and extra base hits (53).