Nats launch search for newest concession at Nationals Park
Local vendors and restaurants have one more week to send in their culinary concepts!
The Nationals strive to bring tasty additions to the ballpark each season in an effort to keep the guest experience fresh and exciting. In 2015, the Nationals unveiled several new concessions at Nationals Park, including grilled cheese sandwiches and decadent mac and cheese at Throwin’ Cheese in Section 130, and New York-style thin-crust pizza at Enzo’s Pizza in Sections 214 and 225. In May, Virginia Country Kitchen opened in Section 113, offering delicious homemade biscuits and Virginian beer and wine.
Nats fans have embraced these new concessions, and during the 2015 season, guests at Nationals Park consumed:
- More than 73,000 pizza slices from Enzo’s
- More than 11,000 biscuits from Virginia Country Kitchen
- Nearly 10,500 grilled cheeses from Throwin’ Cheese
Through the “Pitch Your Product” culinary showcase, your concession could be the next big thing at Nationals Park during the 2016 season!
The Nationals are giving local vendors and restaurants the chance to pitch their culinary concepts to be sold at Nationals Park during the 2016 season. Businesses from D.C., Maryland and Virginia have the exciting opportunity to have their product featured at a Major League ballpark.
“We are always looking for opportunities to offer a greater variety of local culinary flavors at Nationals Park,” said Valerie Camillo, Nationals Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer. “We believe the ‘Pitch Your Product’ showcase will help us achieve this goal, while also giving vendors and restaurants from across D.C., Maryland and Virginia the chance to expand their visibility.”
Here’s how it works:
- Those interested must email firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact information and a brief description of their culinary concept.
- Applications will then be sent to select candidates.
- Individual food products and restaurant brands will both be considered, and finalists will be invited to formally present their concession idea to a panel of judges at Nationals Park in December.
- The deadline to apply is Friday, November 27.
- Additional details and guidelines are available at nationals.com/concessions. Some restrictions may apply.
And here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- All restaurants and suppliers must be able to complete and submit the requirements listed here.
- Vendors and restaurants must be locally based and have a maximum of five restaurants.
May the odds be ever in your “flavor!”