Nationals 10th Anniversary Season celebrates longest-tenured fans
When the Washington Nationals and New York Mets open the 2015 campaign on April 6 at Nationals Park, the occasion will mark the 10th anniversary of Major League Baseball’s return to the nation’s capital.
Throughout the season, the Nationals will commemorate the top moments of the past 10 years — from Livan Hernandez’s historic first pitch in 2005, to the final out recorded in Jordan Zimmermann’s season-ending no-hitter in 2014.
As part of that greater celebration, the Nationals are also honoring their longest-tenured fans — those who have remained loyal to the team from the very beginning. Those fans have cheered along with the entire career of Ryan Zimmerman, witnessed the opening of a state-of-the-art new ballpark, supported the team through a rebuilding process, experienced the thrill of Stephen Strasburg’s debut and danced in the aisles after Jayson Werth’s walk-off home run in the 2012 NLDS.
Exclusive to 10-year Season Plan Holders, the Nationals are rolling out 10 Moments of Thanks, a series of 10 giveaways and experiences for those who have been with the club since Day One. These Moments include:
- A chance to register for the opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2015 Bridgestone Winter Classic
- An exclusive parade on the warning track prior to a game during the 2015 season
- A special 10 Year Season Plan Holder logo pin
- In-park signage featuring the names of all continuous 10 Year Season Plan Holders
- Authenticated dirt from the field used on Opening Day 2015
- A chance to win one-of-a-kind pregame on-field experiences
- An exclusive opportunity to run the bases after a game during the 2015 season
- A commemorative Opening Day 2005 printed game ticket
- Access to special eCash campaigns featuring exclusive in-game concession and merchandise discounts and offers
- A pregame VIP batting practice viewing from dugout box seats with front office executives and team officials
In addition, the Nationals will provide all fans with a multitude of memorable giveaways, theme nights and unique experiences throughout the home schedule, as the team defends its 2014 National League East Division Championship.
For more information on the 10 Moments of Thanks program, visit nationals.com/10moments.