Good vs. Bad and lineups
Let’s get some bad news out of the way:
1. It’s looking pretty cloudy outside.
2. It’s looking pretty cloudy outside.
Thankfully the good news outweighs the bad here in Nationals Park today:
1. The Nationals won, 5-1, last night.
2. Adam Dunn hit a pair of homers and drove in three runs in yesterday’s game.
3. The Nationals can clinch a winning homestand with a win either today or tomorrow.
Now for the lineups.
1. Rafael Furcal – SS
2. Russell Martin – C
3. Andre Ethier – RF
4. Matt Kemp – CF
5. James Loney – 1B
6. Casey Blake – 3B
7. Xavier Paul – LF
8. Blake DeWitt – 2B
9. Clayton Kershaw – SP (1-0. 3.18 ERA)
* Despite offense being the name of the game for both teams in recent weeks, the Dodgers had only one player, Ronnie Belliard, with multiple hits last night.
* In the Dodger’s 5-1 defeat last night, the club tied a season low with just five hits.
* The Dodgers have lost 10 of their last 16 games in the District of Columbia.
1. Nyjer Morgan – CF
2. Ian Desmond – SS
3. Cristian Guzman – 2B
4. Adam Dunn – 1B
5. Josh Willingham – LF
6. Justin Maxwell – RF
7. Wil Nieves – C
8. Alberto Gonzalez – 3B
9. Craig Stammen- SP (1-0. 8.16)
* Washington is 5-3 to date on their 10-game homestand.
* Washington ended its five-game, error-free streak last night with a season-high three errors.
* Ivan Rodriguez enters play this afternoon leading the Majors in batting average…Rodriguez is hitting .423 (22-for-52) with seven doubles and eight RBI to date.